Deadline: August 19, 2016, 5:00 PM PT
Register and apply to participate in
the Business Pitch Competition at the Governor’s Conference on
Business! This statewide competition is
open to businesses in operation for 2 years or less from all industries. Pitch your business, product or service to our expert panel for a chance to win a
prize package that could give a boost to your early stage venture. In addition, you will have the opportunity to network with
other business professionals and gain exposure for your business to potential customers or investors.
Cash and prizes will be awarded for first and second place and for the first time, we will award a People's Choice Award based on audience vote.
- 1st Place: $5,000 in cash and in-kind services package worth $11,000 including expert guidance in financial budgeting and an IT package.
- 2nd Place: $2,500 in cash and an in-kind services package worth $4,000
- People's Choice: $1,000 in cash.
1. Open to licensed and established companies operating throughout the state of Nevada. Proof of valid state licensing required.
2. The competition is not restricted to a specific industry- all industry sectors are encouraged to participate.
3. Companies must be in operation two years or less.
4. Generated gross revenue not to exceed $250,000 annually.
4. Employees of the State of Nevada and all associated sponsors of the pitch competition and their employees are ineligible to participate.
Competition Guidelines and Rules
1. Winners will be announced at the conference luncheon and must be present to claim their award.
2. A non-refundable $50 registration fee is due at the time of application submission, and entitles the registrant to attend the conference and luncheon at no additional cost.
3. Additional conference tickets for associates and guests may be purchased separately.
4. The top 10 participants, as selected by the judges during an initial review process will be invited to pitch to the judges’ panel at the conference.
5. One representative of the company will have 2 minutes to make the presentation. Pitches will be hard stopped at 2 minutes. Time begins when presenter begins speaking. The presentation will be followed by a 3 minute Q&A with the judges.
6. Presenter must be physically present for the pitch presentation at the Governor’s Conference on Business held in Las Vegas at the Rio Resort and Casino on September 30, 2016. No prerecorded presentations will be allowed. Companies should have a “back up” presenter ready to make the pitch in the event that unforeseen circumstance prevents the original presenter from participating.
7. The use of PowerPoint or slide presentations is not permitted. Props, posters or prototypes may be used or displayed, however keep in mind that set up time will not be provided. Handouts and samples may not be distributed to the judges or audience at any time during your presentation.
8. All public sessions of the competition may be recorded and rebroadcast by event organizers, the public at large, or members of the media. Participants should not expect or assume any rights of confidentiality related to data or information presented or discussed during the public session.
9. Competition organizers reserve the right to disqualify any application submission that it deems inappropriate, unethical or offensive.
Application Process and Timeline
the $50 registration fee (click here)
the following documents, in pdf format, with “2016 Pitch Competition
Application” in the subject line to email@example.com:
copy of your business pitch competition registration receipt
Business Model Canvas (https://canvanizer.com)
Summary (2 pages maximum)
of current Nevada business license(s)
of your W-9
Failure to submit any of the required documents prior to the deadline will
result in the disqualification of your application.
4. Applications will be
accepted through August 19, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. PST.
5. 10 finalists and 3
alternates will be selected and applicants will be notified by September 9, 2016.
Finalists and alternates must confirm intent to participate in-person for pitch
presentations by September
Failure to confirm participation will result in disqualification.
Competition organizers reserve the right to delay or extend the registration
period and reduce the number of finalists selected to make the presentation
pitch at any time.
By submitting an application, you agree to the competition terms and
If your business is not selected as a finalist, you are still encouraged to